Monday, February 25, 2008

Oscars, what was that like?

Well last night I had to miss the Oscars because I had to work on a presentation at the library.  Of course the kid I had to work with would not let me do anything.  He had to do the powerpoint, which took forever!  Seriously, who types out everything word for word on a powerpoint presentation for a 20 slide presentation then prints those off, then goes back and changes everything to what it should be?  Put the main points on there, type your own notes afterwards.  Oh, and he totally fucked us today, by not knowing how to pronounce words that he should have known for almost a year now.  I'm just bitter, because I just wanted to sit down after a long weekend and watch the oscars without a library involved.  

I've been watching the NFL combine some too.  Those guys are pretty impressive.  McFadden was clocked at 4.27 seconds, but officially it was dropped to 4.33, still flying.  I still don't think that he will be as good in the NFL as Mehndenhal.  Mehndenhal is a complete back, where has McFadden is just a 3rd down back like Reggie Bush, but he lacks Bush's size.  Either way, if he tries to run between the tackles he will get destroyed.  
More importantly, the Cubs start spring training play in 2 days.  Dempster is getting the nod in the first game, he joked that Zambrano didn't want it this year.  What a jokester.... not that funny of one, but a jokester none the less.  DeRosa was sent to the hospital a couple days ago with an irregular heartbeat... stay off the drugs my man!  I like what Ryan Theriot said, "Everyone goes through that at some point in their life" I don't know many people who's heart rate goes up like that and they lose vision and almost lose consciousness.  Especially when they get to the hospital and their EKG is all fucked up.  Right, that is a normal thing that everyone goes through.  If you play Major League Baseball and put anything in your body that won't show up on a test, regardless of whether it actually does anything positive for you.  
Pretty good weekend in the Bourb.  Mr. Jeck came home for a few days.  Had a few beers and a lot of laughs on Friday night with one Chris Kelly.  Sat. night I went out to shoot some pool with the family.  My brother and I were mistaken for exotic dancers.  I'm not sure if I should take that as a compliment or if I just looked like a giant tool!  Oh and it was male exotic dancer night at the bar we went to, didn't know, and it was in a separate room, so it wasn't as gay as it sounds.  Pretty good night the family though, and then had a couple more beers with Dan Saturday night before we both went our separate ways.  Only 10 more days until I will be back in California for another great weekend!  I can't wait to get out of this cold.  I need to see an ocean and temps above 35 degrees.  There are also a couple people out there that it will be alright to see too.  All in all it should be a pretty fantastic start to spring break.  The tail end of spring break will hopefully include some internship interviews.  
I'm rambling now, with no structure to this at all.  I have senioritis pretty bad right now.  I just don't go to class sometimes.  Dumb school.  I will have pictures soon of why I hate the snow and cold.  A 2 hour drive turned into a 3.5 hour drive last friday.  Booo! 

No comments: